The mission of The American College of Greece is to contribute to the advancement of Greece and the global community through teaching, scholarship, outreach and service rooted in the American educational tradition.
Our aim is singular and sustained excellence as a comprehensive, non-profit, American educational institution abroad.
- Continuously integrating American education best practices.
- Creatively blending Greece’s unique cultural heritage into the life of the College.
- Developing students as whole persons and informed, engaged, successful global citizens.
- Cultivating a College community of mutual respect, responsible action and high achievement.
- Founded in 1875 – Europe’s oldest and largest American college or university.
- World-class campus environment.
- Greece’s premier, private higher education institution: DEREE.
- First American college or university outside the United States accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- One of Greece’s premier, private secondary schools: PIERCE.
- Strong financial foundation.
- Alumni network of over 40,000 (33,000 graduates), many in positions of leadership in Greece and around the world.